Making Family Meals is Healthy!!
Posted 07 Jun 2017
Depending on your family’s lifestyle and schedule, the benefits of investing the initial time and effort into meal planning will vary, but overall the number one goal is to help simplify what should be an enjoyable and special part of every day—sharing a meal togethe
Several researchers have found the following benefits with regular family mealtime. Children who eat meals with their family:
- are less likely to be overweight
- more likely to eat healthy foods-vegetables, fruits and other nutritious food at meal times
have higher academic achievement
- have fewer problems with truancy and other delinquent behaviors
- improved psychological well-being including higher self-esteem and lower levels of depressive symptoms
- higher quality family relationships with siblings and parents
Click here for more information how to help your family enjoy mealtimes together.